ModelOn 3 June 2014 22:53, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> We're at the center of the universe? In John Ross's cosmology, or the
> normative standard model?
>
> The former, of course. He says the universe is surrounded by a shell of
cold plasma (?) which just "looks like" the CMBR. This implies to me a
physical object, and for it to look like the CMBR it has to look the same
in all directions, which implies that it's at the same distance in all
directions, otherwise his idea about how the expansion of the universe
works would mean that we seemed to be closer to it on one side than the
other (and all the neutral hydrogen would have been blown out of our galaxy
by the uneven photon pressure). So out of 1-400 billion galaxies we happen
to be one of the few that is in the centre of the universe to the accuracy
with which the isotropy of the CMBR has been measured.....in the Ross
Model, of course.

I await Mr Ross's explanation of this one with interest.