On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Surely Atheist means 100% sure, so 99.999999999....% is still agnostic

The existence or nonexistence of God is just one fact about the world,
there are lots more, so I guess we need to invent hairsplitting
distinctions for them all. We need to invent 2 new words concerning your
level of disbelief that this is Thursday, one if you're 100% certain that
this is not Thursday (Aththursdayist) and another word (Agthursdayic) if
you're only 99.999999999% certain it's not Thursday. Or maybe we don't need
different words  for things that are that ridiculously  similar. The real
reason people call themselves agnostic and not atheist has nothing to do
with ideas, it's because of a sound, they like to make the "God" noise with
their mouth.

And by the way, mathematically 99.99999999999999999999999999.... is exactly
equal to 100.

 John K Clark