From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Mikes
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 3:17 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Fish can communicate and UNDERSTAND each other!

Liz wrote:

"...The zebra-fish brain imaging (Chris) is a 'physical-world' representation
of something more than a billon times simpler than our own mentality (if it is
right to calculate proportions). I would be happy to see 'adaptive behavior' -
or, 'strategic awareness' in the fish brain examined in physico/physiological
numerical data comparison only."

Does not compute. Please resubmit your input in English.

"Does it point to topical features? "

Slight quibble here: The zebra-fish brain has 60,000 neurons and a human brain
has around 100 billion neurons (more or less). A human brain has about one
million and a half times the number of neurons of a zebra-fish. I think it is
incorrect – then by this metric – to describe it as being one billion times
simpler, when (by neuron count) the scale of the difference is far closer to
one million times. No doubt about it however, the fish mind is far simpler than
a human brain, by many orders of magnitude.

 I can try, but it may be even worse. The 'brain-imaging" uses only numerical
data from physico - physiological measurements within our present scientific

techniques. - The last sentence you separated belongs to this: I don't know
about topical differences to understand the measured NUMBERS as to their
meaning. We can guess.

Sorry for the typo billion vs. million.  (80,000 in 80,000,000,000)