Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay,

On 12 Sep 2014, at 03:07, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List wrote:

On 09 Sep 2014, at 05:16, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List wrote:

Some pretty amazing adaptive behavior with clear strategic awareness. It shows what even a small fish brain is capable of (small as compared with a humans almost 100 billion neurons) Thought you might enjoy watching this clip 80,000 neurons fire in a zebrafish brain
http://www.sciencealert.com.au/news/20142907-25942.html

I watched it over a few times seeing this simple, yet still fairly numerous 80,000 node + (multiple factors more synaptic connections) network in dynamic action…. How it lights up then relaxes back into lower activity; how activity in one region of the fish brain seems to trigger or be associated with other areas that light up with neural activity in a seemingly synchronized manner.

Yes. But not too much, or the fish get epileptic problems.

Fascinating. It looks like one of Telmo's graph, with an observable dynamics. Those transparent animals reminds me of the planar boolean graph of the MGA ...

It makes me wonder if there are certain meta behaviors that large highly networked and parallelized systems share in common.

Yes.
Most love bread and wine, and most hates taxes and death.

Wonder if there are certain equations that could express these, if they do exist and again if such underlying common behavior exists if a knowledge of them can help designers create better systems.

We can study machines with simple (but rich, löbian) beliefs, and then by imposing simply some self-referentially correct constraints, we can study the logic of their beliefs and variants in a way which does not depend of the implementation. So if neural highly parallel system are supposed to be "correct" or "meaningfull" in the appropriateness of their response with respect to some highly probable local "reality", then they will obey to the modal logical equations related to the logic of self-reference. Now, some of those modal relations can still be based on the mathematics of the 3p high level cellular automata, or other parallel implementatioons, and diverse representation theorem should not be excluded.

For example, how do large wide area networks link up, i.e. what is the topology of their vertices? How do local area connections and sub networks interact with and become affected by other dynamic network activity that has a wide area scope and reach…. And the role that long distance vertices have to play in linking the large number of local groups into a cohesively functioning whole.

It might be similar to the ways news circulate on facebook or the net. It might also be interesting to have map à la Telmo, managing the dynamics of the "news and gossips" on the social net.

The dynamic functioning of highly parallelized, non-centrally directed (or timed either) wide area networks, characterized by having a plethora of regions of specialization, is something I find of particular interest.

The ultimate reality is 0 dimensional, I think, assuming computationalism and occam, but of course the fun is not in the ultimate reality. It comes from inside where parallelism and dialog/ exchange might play a crucial role. Now, computationalism as a TOE (arithmetic, computer science) has not yet a physical tensor product, so hard to see if the number dreams cohere enough to have such stable relationships.

A brain is when amoeba colonies got the cables, but in arithmetic, we are not yet so advanced.

Bruno

-Chris