From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 2, 2014 06:39 PM
Subject: Re: FW: generalizations_of_islam

Have I said something that's upset you?

On 3 October 2014 12:20, Platonist Guitar Cowboy
href="mailto:multiplecit...@gmail.com";>multiplecit...@gmail.com</a>></span>
wrote:

.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM, LizR
href="mailto:lizj...@gmail.com";>lizj...@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:

0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">
dir="ltr"><<a target="_blank"
wrote:

0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">
dir="ltr"><<a target="_blank"
href="mailto:lizj...@gmail.com";>lizj...@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:

0px 0px
0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">
Thank you, that's interesting (of course, it should be obvious to anyone with a
few brain cells that facile generalisations are bad... but they creep in all
too easily...)

Which is of course another generalization :-)

Of course, but not a facile one.

My generalizations are always facile because of my certified obtuseness ("slow
and too thick upstairs to think or type straight"-sense).

As for the rest of the heroes in this thread: politics is all your fault (yes:
yours, you.) for buying culture, no matter which side, or what historical
trivial pursuit nonsense points, which nuances of vocabulary, or what funny
hats/robes they wear or not... that that culture is something to take
literally/seriously. All of us are at fault. I hereby formally insult
everybody, except babies, spiders, teapots, and ferns.

Establishing that, at least Maher has the sense to advocate pot (he should
follow his advice a little, sure...), which when I see the passion with which
bullshit cultural blood encrusted constructions are defended/attacked here and
on the news...

is, along with the opportunity to work and live in peace without being effed
over, the only plausible way out of this school where overzealous joyless wise
ass righteous power hungry priest lawyer politician scientist nerd children are
running around, armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons and the like, convinced
with mad certainty that they are running the show in the only way it can be run.

But no... You couldn't let this be and just quietly self-medicate. You had to
shoot for truth and are surprised by the blood, cost of ammunition, and ruins.
You went so far, you guys even woke the spud, and Alberto kissing butt for
eloquent silences, and soon Steven's CV will be up again. Honk away all you
want.

You conjured this up, so now we have to deal with it. And with "we", I mean
erm... probably not me. Mainstream platitudes are such a mainstream platitude.
Better than tributary platitudes though. How about mainstream profundities? Ye
cultural whores...PGCoward

email to
      <a target="_blank"
href="mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com";>everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com</a>.