Bruno wwrote:
'science is agnostic,, that's why we need to put back theology in science,
so that we can develop agnostic theories or narratives, precise enough to
show them wrong, and progress...
Did I misunderstand it? we developp FAITH (theology) in agnostically
developed theories and progress by showing them wrong?  so we may 'believe'
what is proven wrong - only?

Then again

John Mikes <jam...@gmail.com>:
> [...]

  Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

JM:
> to both cases no! But I have never piloted an SR-71, nor, circled the star
> Antares. I was going for the optimistic side of scientific speculation,
> rather than the everyday. Having said that, you, from my point of view-made
> your point. If we're speaking of our species and its descendents, why not
> go for the highest hanging fruit?
>
> So we should join the crowd of "physical Universe" figment believers who
just churn round and round the wise explanations of misunderstood phenomena
since the old Greeks (maybe longer ago)? What you say is all to believe the
figments (their "nth consequences" upon the mth explanations)  what "Saint
Science" teaches?
True: human technology is miraculous, but so is the swimming skills of fish
and hunting habits of the tiger. Or and ant hill in action.
By establishing what we don't believe (agnostically) we never get further
ahead.
BTW I am studying the differences between the meaning how diverse languages
use 'anticipate', 'presume', 'expect', 'assume', and some more in (a
creative?) progressing - into new domains. How do we learn "new"?