On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:50:00 PM UTC, Liz R wrote:

> And I said that it seemed to me that if dark matter was being destroyed
> galaxies should be expanding, and asked if there was any observational
> evidence to support this.

Liz, you said it right at the start...but the point is only valid one
time. What you reason above restates the same point in a different form.

Based on the current worldview, the idea of dark energy gobbling dark
matter, causing expansion to slow down.....is nonsensical. Can't be
adjusted....can't be made into sense.

Not without getting into significant levels of fussy details. Which cannot
be done without large discoveries first that shed dramatic light on what
dark matter and energy actually are.

Not sensibly anyway (i.e. whatever fussy detailed explanation they create,
there will be exponentially many other different and disagreeable
explanations that are logically identical in terms of size and robustness
of the necessary guesses, for each next level of detail necessary to go
down, in order to fussy up the job.

so it's a really huge issue. If it isn't correct, that'll show in the
developments and no more will be said. But if this finding stubbornly
sticks around, and then starts showing up in other independent ways. That
then becomes the line too far.....too far to patch the cosmological model
up with more dark stuff.