In regard to:

"If nothing existed; would it remain nothing?"

This is exactly what I'm suggesting.  It would not remain "nothing".  We
usually think of the situation when you get rid of all matter, energy,
space/volume, time, abstract concepts, minds, etc. as "nothing".  But, what
I'm saying is that this supposed "nothing" really isn't the lack of all
existent entities.  That "nothing" would be the entirety of all that is
present; that's it; there's nothing else.  It would be the all.  An
entirety is a grouping defining what is contained within and therefore an
existent entity, based on my definition of an existent entity.   So, even
what we think of as "nothing" is an existent entity or "something".  This
means that "something" is non-contingent.  It's necessary.  There is no
such thing as the lack of all existent entities.