> On 23 Jan 2015, at 10:24 am, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> If you "start with consciousness" then it is fundamental that consciousness
>>> if not shared - otherwise I'd be conscious of it.
>>
>> I guess you mean "is not shared".
>>
>> But are you not conscious right now, we do share the experience of being
>> conscious, even if we don't share the exact same relative contents.
>
> But I'm not conscious of you being conscious.
>
> Brent

You are. Here you kid yourself. Even without comp we can say you are deluding
yourself here. You have "mirror neurons" which link your consciousness to that
of another. You cannot experience the experience of another but you will come
as close to experiencing it as you can without actually experiencing it  - via
mirror neurons.

If something like mirror neurons were not present in the human brain, nobody
would bother with anyone else at all as humans would not be in any way
interesting to one another and everyone would revert to their visceral mistrust
of one another.

If you have ever watched a porno and found yourself getting aroused by what the
people onscreen were doing - that's mirror neurons at work. We are all one
person sharing  one vast, utterly vast consciousness.

Kim