On Mon, Jan 26, 2015  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> We cannot generate algorithmically a random sequence, but we can generate
> algorithmically all random sequence, thanks to the fact that the in the
> sequence
>
> 0
> and
> 1
> we already generate the correct digit "0" of the 2^aleph_zero random
> sequences beginning by 0, and the correct digit "1" of the other half.
>
> Then we proceed,
> 00
> 01
> and
> 10
> 11
> and we continue in that way, we generate in that way all finite initial
> segments of all sequences.

Well sure, it would be easy to write a program to generate every possible
sequence of digits of FINITE length, but If you give me a list, any list,
of infinitely many infinite numbers I know it does not contain them all
because I can always use Cantor's diagonal argument to generate a number
that is not on your list.

  John K Clark