On 3/1/2015 4:03 PM, LizR wrote:
On 27 February 2015 at 16:51, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 2/26/2015 7:10 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
    On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
    <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

        On 2/26/2015 3:16 PM, LizR wrote:
        On 27 February 2015 at 10:01, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
        <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

            MWI predicts the same as QM+collapse.
            Only because it assumes the Born rule applies to give a probability
            interpretation to the density matrix.  But Everettista's either
ignore the
            need for the Born rule or they suppose it can be derived from the
SWE
            (although all attempts have fallen short).

        This is an important point. Do /any/ interpretations explain the Born
rule? If
        so, that would be a reason to prefer them to the MWI.

        Gleason's theorem says the Born rule is the only consistent way to
assign
        probabilities to states in Hilbert space (showing Born had good
intuition).

    So then the mystery of the Born rule is solved. I don't see why/how adding
collapse
    solves anything.
    I adds that one of the probable states happens. MWI fails to add that.

So collapse adds one extra postulate, yet both interpretations explain the
observed facts?

MWI doesn't explain the probabilities.