Actually I'd like to know where the contradiction is too (and I have read
Bruno's papers, and "The Amoeba's Secret", and of course Bruno has done his
best to teach me some modal logic...)

...but I still have difficulty following the MGA. It has been explained (at
least at times) as showing that "if phys supervenience holds, then a
recording of a conscious computation would also be conscious" - and (I'm
told) this is absurd.

Bruce said (I think) that although this *seems* absurd, it may not be. That
is, one can't argue from incredulity. That seems like a reasonable comment.

The MGA also appears - to me, at least - to show that

(1) (assuming phys sup) the same conscious state could supervene on two
different physical states (AND or OR for example)

(2) (assuming p.s.) quite a lot of the physical stuff could be removed from
the setup without making a difference.

(3) (assuming p.s.) Broken gates, say, could be driven to give the correct
output by playing back *some* of a recording, giving a mix of recording and
computation

All the above seems to put dents in physical supervenience, but I can't see
an outright contradiction - which probably means I have missed something
important.

So, I'd really like to know - what contradiction? :-)