Uncertainty is not the same than the certainty of obliteration, as
Boltzmann I suppose that he felt. Freemann Dyson tried to overcome the
Boltzmannian conclussions not for a intellectual exercise, but as a serious
treat to the vital perspectives of people here and now.

Uncertainty is not depressing, it is encouraging. Makes you to be more
alert.  Makes you to bet in some outcomes, fight against the plans of
others.

Commenting in what you say,  Nobody know what will happen. You reach
prepature conclussions based on your local environment, The idea that the
future is to one wold government exist since Atila or since the first
tribeman holded the first stone.

But it seems that very powerful people has endorsed it. If I were
super-powerful and rich and I were the kind of enlightened idiot with
stone-age morality that is very common today, I would consider the planet
as a my yard and would work for maintaining this yard for my own family
intact for generations, with my family in power: clean, ordered and with as
little  populace as possible. I also would fight for a world government
where... Ahem, I would better take the responsibility of caring for you.

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The amazing thing is how what would happen in 100 trillion years may
>> preoccupy so seriously to some people that would induce to suicide.
>> Boltzman committed suicide in part because his own theories of
>> termodinamical dead of the universe more or less.
>>
>> Other people are influenced equally hard, but unconsciously by very long
>> term perspectives that are beyond his own timespan.
>>
>> And this tells something very important about the human condition: once
>> day by day survival is solved, people need a meaning. that means that he
>> need to live in a society with a plan and to work for this plan, which is a
>> kind of salvation.
>>

> I agree with this.
>
> The problem is that technological progress invalidates previous social
> constructs. For example, for a long time the concept of nation-state
> provided such a society. The concept of nation-state does not seem able to
> survive modern communication and transportation technologies. Things will
> only get weirder with VR and so on.
>
> What then?
>

>> This is in the constitution of human beings, induced by evolution if you
>> like, but it is there no doubt. suicide means that the person think
>> unconsciously that it can not contribute. we are very egoistic in the short
>> term, but in the long term we are like ants. this is too fast but I can
>> argue in detail about all of this

>>> In my opinion extensive Dysonisation will only occur later in the
>>> stelliferous era - in the 100 trillion years when the galaxy (and the few
>>> others still visible in the far distance) glow rose-red from having a
>>> population exclusively made of stellar remnants and M class dwarfs. At this
>>> point some species may have made it through the "evolutionary heritage"
>>> bottleneck (have conquered the desire to consume endlessly and to wipe out
>>> rivals, I mean) - plus, it will be a lot more obvious that the universe's
>>> resources are running low, and conservation is in order.
>>>
>>> Riffing...
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Alberto.