From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:55 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: SciAm predicts strong future for renewable energy

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, Fukushima, Sellafield, Hiroshima, Bikini atoll,
> Marshall Islands etc. (OK, maybe I shouldn't have been making jokes about
> this...)

That's fine I like jokes, but  lets see how many people die to produce a
trillion kilowatt hours of electricity for various energy sources:

I like jokes as well… we have something in common. I also like honesty. The 90
figure you claim for nuclear is willfully ignoring  the full scope of the long
term impact of that accident.

Quoting directly from the 2005 WHO report on Chernobyl accident “5 SEPTEMBER
2005 | GENEVA - A total of up to 4000 people could eventually die of radiation
exposure from the Chernobyl nuclear power plant (NPP) accident nearly 20 years
ago, an international team of more than 100 scientists has concluded.” The
Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian Academies of science have all published
mortality figures are by the far higher than the figure of 4000 that the WHO
has settled on. For example: data, based on Belarus national cancer statistics,
predicts approximately 270,000 cancers and 93,000 fatal cancer cases caused by
Chernobyl.

Chris

For coal 170.000  people die.

For oil 36,000 people die