On Thu, Apr 30, 2015  'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> > Quoting directly from the 2005 WHO report on Chernobyl accident “*5
> SEPTEMBER 2005 | GENEVA -* A total of up to 4000 people could eventually
> die of radiation exposure from the Chernobyl nuclear power plant

And yet that very same 2005 WHO report on the Chernobyl accident says:

 "As of mid-2005, however, fewer than 50 deaths had been directly
attributed to radiation from the disaster"

But it's now 2015 not 2005 and 10 years later there is STILL not the
slightest sign that the prediction of massive deaths from radiation is even
close to being correct. Zero, zilch nada, goose egg.  In fact I can't think
of a single prediction about the harm caused by a large scale radiation
release that was made in the last 70 years that didn't turn out to be
ridiculously pessimistic.

And besides, Chernobyl happened 29 years ago so we don't need half assed
predictions about what the long term results will be, we know.

  John K Clark