On 10 Jul 2015, at 23:12, Terren Suydam wrote:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:41 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Terren Suydam <terren.suy...@gmail.com > wrote:

​> ​Let's call them Helsinki Man, Helsinki-To-Moscow Man, and Helsinki-To-Washington Man.

​That's quite a mouthful but OK. So the answer to the question "what city will the Helsinki Man With No Hyphen see?" is " ​The Helsinki Man With No Hyphen​ will see no city at all, oblivion awaits". And that's odd because I thought we agreed that The Helsinki Man survives. ​

This is map/territory confusion. Whatever you call them has no bearing on Helsinki Man's consciousness as it survives the duplication and diverges, just as in the Schrodinger's Cat experiment. It's about continuity of consciousness above all else, and the labels change nothing about that. There's a perfectly clear way to analyze this, but you insist on muddying the waters.

It is the least we can say.

Bruno

Terren