Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Just one remark: we cannot make a piece of matter wet in arithmetic

​I know, but why not? If arithmetic is more fundamental than physics as you
say then we should be able to write a program that would get the computer
wet, and yet we can't and your theory can not give an adequate explanation
of why not.
  ​

> ​> ​
> but once we postulate computationalism, we can prove that all the piece of
> computations leading to the first person experience of feeling wet, or
> clenching your thirst, exist in arithmetic

​C
omputationalism
​ postulates that the computations a* PHYSICAL* computer produce can create
intelligent behavior and consciousness, but computationalism does *NOT*
postulate that
computations ​exist in arithmetic
​independent of physics. ​Show me a example of arithmetic all by itself
making a calculation and you have won this argument, not a definition, not
a proof, an *EXAMPLE*. Stop talking about it and just show me!

​> ​
> I will please you and not use pronouns
> ​

Bruno Marchal
​just did.​

> ​> ​
> someone asked JC, before the duplication, what do you expect to live. JC
> remarked that "you" is ambiguous. Oh, but you agreed that you will survive,

​And JC responded: "Yes "you" will survive provided that "you" is defined
as somebody who remembers ​being a man in Helsinki, but if that personal
pronoun is defined in some other way or, as often happens on this list, not
defined at all then JC might have a different answer to "will you survive"
or have no answer at all because gibberish has no answer".

> ​>​
> so you expect to live some experience, no?

​Explain what that *GODDAMN* ​personal pronoun "you" means and JC will
provide an answer!

​ Bruno's "
I will please you and not use pronouns
​" promise sure didn't last long.