On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​> ​
> Yes, arithmetic can simulates a Turing machine,

​Arithmetic can't simulate anything unless it has access to something
physical like a biological brain or a electronic microprocessor.  ​

> ​> ​
> But a primary physical reality, well I have already not much clue what
> that can be,

​It means physics is the most fundamental science and mathematics is just a
tool humans have invented to help them figure out how nature in general and
physics in particular works; I'm not saying that it true, I don't know if
it is or not, I'm just saying that's what it means.  ​

> ​> ​
> if quantum field theory is correct, it is an analog imitation of the
> digital.

​The first word of the name should have tipped you off, ​
if
​*QUANTUM ​*
field theory is correct
​ then nothing is analog.

> ​> ​
> You need to make precise your theory of primary matter to proof that it
> can emulates all computations,

​I'm just playing ​
devil's advocate
​,​
​ ​
​
​unlike
 you I don't claim to have proven anything
​.​
I don't know if math or physics is more fundamental; you don't know either
but you think you do. ​

> ​>
>> ​>> ​
>> ​
>> Physical water, like any physical stuff does not rely on one
>> computations, but on an infinity of them,
>>

> ​
> ​>> ​
> Nobody knows if that is true or not, maybe only an astronomical number of
> calculations would be required to perfectly simulate water, but if you're
> right and a infinite amount of mathematics would be required to do what
> just a small amount of matter can do so effortlessly then it's game over
> and physics is ​more fundamental than mathematics, and mathematical models
> can never be more than just approximations of the real deal.
>

> ​> ​
> Not at all, as this is *derived* without any phsyical assumption

​You just assumed that any finite amount of mathematics can only
approximate what matter does. So how can mathematics be more fundamental?

  John K Clark   ​