On Sat, Oct 3, 2015  Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

​>​
>  Information is physical.

​True, and nothing physical can be transferred faster than ​light so we can
never effect things more distant than 13.8 billion light years
​and they can never effect us.​

> ​> ​
> If there is no transfer of information

​It is not always necessary to transfer information for 2 things to be
identical. There are only a finite number of ways a finite number of atoms
can be arranged in a finite volume, so if the universe is infinite and not
just very very big then a gargantuan (but still finite) number of light
years away there must be a collection of atoms identical to
Bruce Kellett
​, in fact there are an infinite number of them. And at even larger (but
still finite) distances a volume of space with a radius of 13.8 billion
light years centered on one of those ​
Bruce Kellett
​s is identical to the
 volume of space with a radius of 13.8 billion light years centered on
​ this ​
Bruce Kellett
​. And there are an infinite number of them too.

​> ​
> there is no way one could test what the copy thought.

​There is no way to know directly what your next door ​neighbor is thinking
but you can usually make a pretty good guess, and if a copy of you is
physically identical to you then it's a pretty good guess he's thinking the
same thing you are.

  John K Clark