On Mon, Oct 5, 2015, Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> ​> ​
> The type of random uniformity typified by a normal number is quite hard to
> achieve,

​Randomness of any sort is impossible to achieve by a deterministic
algorithm, nevertheless nature somehow came up with uncountably infinitely
many normal real numbers.     ​

> ​> ​
> and even harder to prove.

​Yes, it's far easier to prove things about normal number in general than
it is to prove that any particular number is normal; most think pi and e
are normal but there is no proof. I think the number you get when you stick
all the prime numbers together 135711131719... has like Champernowne's
number also been proven to be normal.​

​> ​
Anything that fails to be me, necessarily fails by a wide margin

​I disagree, I don't think survival is a all or nothing matter.​

​Did somebody who was shot in the head and suffered massive brain damage
survive? Sort of.​

 John K Clark