On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:28:17PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> >>I recall that such a type of belief does not work. The whole
> >>physics prediction power is based on an identity link which does
> >>not work.
> >
> >It works pretty damn well in predicting storms.
>
> Only by assuming non-computationalism, but then it is contradicted
> with evolution theory, biology. It works in practice, but is flawed
> at the fundamental level. I am not saying that this or that physics
> theory is not working in practice, I am saying that physicalism is

I don't see why you would say physicalism needs to be assumed to
explain the predictive power of physics. Particularly when the
whole induction process is explained quite neatly with the
Solomonoff-Levin universal prior and Bayes theorem over a multiversal
set of events that naturally arises in the context of computationalism.