> On 7 May 2018, at 22:42, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> ​> ​You invoke your God “Matter”
>
> ​Gee, I don't think I've ever hear that insult from you before.​

You did. By God I mean a supernatural force capable of doing magical things.
That is how you are using the primary universe (often called the Second God of
Aristotle) constantly to avoid the mechanist logical consequence. You seem to
believe that a Physical Universe, is able to select what computation is felt pr
not felt, or real or not real, among the computations emulated in arithmetic.
That requires magic, of a sort not available when we assume mechanism.

> ​> ​to avoid testing the consequence of an hypothesis.
>
> The consequence of the physics is more fundamental hypothesis is that we'd
> expect to find lots of examples of physics doing mathematics but no examples
> of mathematics doing physics, and that is exactly precisely what we do in
> fact see.

You have clairvoyance?

Primary matter is a concept in metaphysics. You identify physics and
physicalism: that is begging the question by providing the answer, and then
finding confirmation, and not listening to the debunking.

>> ​>​>>​ ​It is not a matter of choice. Everett use mechanism, one we have the
>> quantum, phase randomisation explains the white rabbit away, but with
>> mechanism, we have to to justify the quantum from the sum on all
>> computations, not just the quantum one.
>>
>> ​​>> ​I don't have a clue what that means and I doubt anyone else does
>> either.​
>
> ​> ​Yes, OK. I summed up what follows from after step 3.
>
> Then that is yet another good reason for me to have stopped reading after you
> couldn't defend step 3 by answer even the simplest questions about it;
> apparently things get even more incoherent after that point, not that it
> matters, if step 3 is wrong then step 4, whatever it may be, is irrelevant.
> ​

You have made unintelligible statements, or just drop the necessary nuances
brought by the existence of self-duplication until now.

If you have a new argument state it. But the last one where shown invalid.

> ​​>> ​Don't tell me, tell INTEL that they've been wasting their time all
> these years making microchips when all they needed was those two lines.​
>
> ​> ​Those two lines have made some people building LISP machines already.
>
> ​Every single LISP machine in existence is made of atoms that obey the laws
> of physics.

In your theory, shown inconsistent with computationalism.

Bruno