> On 7 Jun 2018, at 00:39, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:04 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> ​>​ in Helsinki, as a computationalist, you know in advance that whatever you
> will live is a definite unique experience
>
> ​But as a ​computationalist​ YOU don't know today what the goddamn personal
> pronoun "YOU​" will mean tomorrow if YOU are going to be duplicated today.

Why? I know perfectly well what the personal pronoun “you” will mean, as its
meaning will not change.

What is true is that in Helsinki, I don’t know today if tomorrow I will
interpret it (as usual) in Moscow or in Washington.

What you say is equivalent by acknowledging the first person indeterminacy,
once you take into account that you survive (by computationalism) and that all
first person obtained in such experience remains unique from their first person
view.

> ​>>​I couldn't eliminate the personal memories and experiences of Mr. You
> even if I wanted to because I don't know which one is Mr. YOU, and even Mr.
> YOU doesn't know that.
>
> ​> ​That contradicts you statement that each “you” obtained are accepted
> continuation of the “you” in Helsinki.
>
> Then answer the question I've been asking for 5 years, forget prediction,
> after it was all over which ONE turned out to be Mr.You, was​ he​ in in
> Moscow or Washington?

I will give the same answer: both are, in the 3p outsider picture, and only one
will be, in the first person picture, but I cannot know which one in advance.
It is well definite, but non predictable, which is the point.

> If that question can't be answered with ONE word then that proves it was
> never a question, it was nothing but gibberish and a question mark.
>
> ​> ​And both of them know very well who they are from their first person
> point of view.
>
> ​So both must know what THE ONE and only answer is​, so which ONE is Mr.
> You??

If I could answer that question, there would, of course, no be any first person
indeterminacy.

> ​> ​One will say “oh, I am the H-guy having survived in W” and he is right
>
> ​I agree.​ ​So what is the probability the H-​guy will see W? 100%

No, because if that is the prediction made in Helsinki, as asked, it will be
refuted by the M-guy.

> ​> ​the other will say “oh, I am the H-guy having survived in M”, and he is
> right too.
>
> ​I agree.​ ​So what is the probability the H-​guy will see M? 100% ​.

No, because if that is the prediction made in Helsinki, as asked, it will be
refuted by the M-guy.

We want the prediction be correct for both copies, and, trivially, only “W v M”
will work.

Bruno