On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 2:02:05 AM UTC, stathisp wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 06:58, <agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>> On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 2:27:55 PM UTC, Jason wrote:

>>> I bring this question up because you repeatedly refer to only "one
>>> Alice" before the measurement, and also say that Alice and Bob are "in one
>>> and the same branch" prior to measurement.  But normal QM without collapse
>>> would say Alice and Bob are branching all the time, even before they
>>> measure their entangled pair.
>>>

>> *They're branching all the time prior to measurement, that is without
>> collapse? Pretty fantastic. Where, how, is this affirmed by QM? AG*
>>

> Collapse is not part of the formalism of QM,

*It is. The collapse postulate states that after the measurement of some
eigenvalue, the system, originally in a superposition, evolves immediately
into the eigenstate of the eigenvalue which has been measured. AG *

so "branching all the time" is what it affirms.

*What is branching? Indeed, that is what is NOT part of the formalism IMO.
AG*