> [...]
>> “hilbertian” to have an equivalent of (arithmetic termed) Gleason theorem.
>>
>> Matter exists phenomenologically with Mechanism, but what exist
>> ontologically is any term of any Turing complete theory, or Turing universal
>> machine.
>>
>> It looks we might work in very different theory.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> By hyper-Turing I just mean computing related to doing hyperarithmetic (with
>> Turing jumps, etc.)
>> - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperarithmetical_theory
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperarithmetical_theory> ].
>

> OK. Nice precision. Yes arithmetic is full of Gods (non Turing emulable
> things, person persons). I would invoke them at the least resort, and most
> still obeys to the same theology, that they are Löbian, and obeys to G and
> G*, leading to similar physics than us, but at different level. That was seen
> by Solovay already in his 1976 paper. Boolos explains some of them in his
> 1993 book.
>

>> I think a difference between universal computationalism (or pure
>> computationalism) and real computationalism (the "real" word I take from
>> Galen Strawson) is my real computationalism is something of a more practical
>> (or pragmatist, or even engineering) perspective than a purely theoretical
>> perspective:
>
> OK. My interest is pragmatical too, but probably more after death than
> before, somehow. It is pragmatical too in the sense that learning to the
> machine’s already existing, despite it still require studying mathematical
> logic, provide a sort of etalon theology helming to compare the human
> theology, especially that there is a theological trap, leading for example to
> irrationalism in the field like when separated from science.
>
> My intellectual interest is in the mind-body problem, and who am I, what can
> be expected, etc.
>
> I am humble enough to know that we cannot know the truth “for sure”, but with
> mechanism, we get a pretty good collection of mathematical tools to put some
> light (and see that things are more complicated than expected).
>

>>       PTLOS(π,λ,τ,ο,Σ)  = program, language,
>> transformer(compiler/assembler), object, substrate
>>

>> [ draft at
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/ZDKbxJuQYt4/Z7C1ePCzAwAJ
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/ZDKbxJuQYt4/Z7C1ePCzAwAJ>
>> to be updated soon ]
>
> OK.
>
> Bruno
>

> I should add that in parallel to mathematical logic and computability theory
> and even type theory there is the somewhat more practical subject of
> programming language theory (PLT).
>
> Any entry point is OK.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=progamming+language+theory+books
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language_theory
>

> Some concepts from PLT (continuations, reflective monads, ...) can go back

No problem with this. I guess you appreciate topos theory and intutionistic
logic, but as I said to Bruce, machine’s theology, even without oracle (but
even more with oracle) is necessarily non constructive.
I am aware that some people, like the French logicians Jean-Yves Girard, or
Jean-Louis Krivine tried to extend the Curry-Howard isomorphism to classical
logic. If they succeed, PLT might have application in theology, but a lot of
works would have to be done before.

If you follow the combinators thread, at some point I might talk about typed
combinators and constructive logics, but mainly to point out how much non
constructive theoretical computer needs to be.

Bruno