> [...]
> <mailto:jasonre...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 8, 2019, Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 4:50 AM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jasonre...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> A multitude of classical computational traces can be found in a quantum
> computation.  You point out this multitude of computation traces can be
> viewed as one state of a larger space.  Viewing it this way, however, doesn't
> eliminate the multitude of the classical computational traces.
>
> But viewing it in terms of "multiple classical computational traces" does not
> prove that there are multiple parallel worlds. You can change the basis
> vectors, or the clustering properties of the components, to any extent that
> you like. That does not change the fact that there is only one overall state,
> in one world, and no parallel worlds anywhere.
>
> Not immediately, the logic to get to many worlds is as follows:
>

> 1. There are multiple classical computational traces in the quantum computer.
>
> The operation might be representable in this way. But that does not mean that
> this is what actually happens. Description in a different base leads to a
> different perspective.
>
> You say this is merely a way of representing what is happening (and implying
> what I suppose to be happening is not really real), but then this line of
> reasoning fails to give any account of how Shor's algorithm factors the 1000
> bit semi-prime.
>
> We have explained how Shor's algorithm factors the 1000 bit semi-prime: by
> rotations in the 2^1000dimension Hilbert space -- all one world.
>

> Can we agree then that this 2^1000 dimensional Hilbert space is more than
> just a matter of some perspective?
>

> 2. If the classical computational traces are computations of conscious minds,
> there are multiple conscious minds and points of views.
>
> Consciousness requires decoherent interaction with an environment, and there
> is no decoherence within the QC.
>
> Then you get either (a) violations of Church-Turing or (b) philosophical
> zombies. Which do you suppose it is?
>
> Philosophical zombies, assuming that these computations report "I am
> conscious". They are actually lying. I can write a program that prints out "I
> am conscious." That does not prove that it is conscious.
>
> Okay. That is at least consistent with your rejection of digital mechanism.
> (The computational theory of mind).
>
> Do you believe that the same computation run on a classical computer *would*
> be conscious?
>

> 3. The quantum computer maintains the superposition of the multiple
> computational traces by virtue of being isolated from the environment.
>
> So there cannot be conscious points of view within it.
>
> According to what theory of mind?
>
> The theory of mind that says that conscious minds interact with the physical
> environment.
>
> Dreams are impossible under such a theory.

Contra-lucid dreams are impossible. Bruce could still claim that all dreams are
lucid, (like day-dreams)  and this corroborates his statement that he knows
when he is awake, which indeed presupposes a non digital-mechanist theory of
mind.

Somehow, Bruce invoke a “mystical” relations between mind and matter. He is
coherent with his non mechanist presupposition and his believe in a primitive
irreducible physical reality, obeying some wave packet reduction. He is close
to Stapp and Wigner where eventually consciousness is responsible for the wave
packet reduction.

Bruno