On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 1:49 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:59 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:15 PM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> You say this is merely a way of representing what is happening (and
>>> implying what I suppose to be happening is not really real), but then this
>>> line of reasoning fails to give any account of how Shor's algorithm factors
>>> the 1000 bit semi-prime.
>>>

>> We have explained how Shor's algorithm factors the 1000 bit semi-prime:
>> by rotations in the 2^1000dimension Hilbert space -- all one world.
>>

> I could, perhaps, expand a bit here. You are the ones who swallow Bruno's
> idea that the whole of physics is supported by the computations of the
> universal dovetailer in arithmetic (platonia). Why do you then find it so
> hard to believe that the computations to factorize large semi-prime numbers
> cannot all be maintained in a high-dimensional abstract Hilbert space? The
> computations there are not all that complicated -- just simple rotations of
> a vector in  a 2^n dimensional space.

I don't find it hard to believe that the computations can be maintained in
a high-dimensional Hilbert space.  But I find it hard to believe that this
high-dimensional Hilbert space can maintain the many components of the
qubits but not also the many components of all the particles in the world
and wider environment after other particles interact with those qubits.
Nothing in the theory says the may components are eliminated, so why should
I believe that they are?  Why do you?

Jason