> On 8 Sep 2019, at 19:00, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 11:43:12 AM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
>

> On 9/8/2019 3:51 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:
>>

>> On Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 5:40:55 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>
>> > On 7 Sep 2019, at 07:14, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
>> > <everyth...@googlegroups.com <>> wrote:

>> > Zero predictive power and it's not clear that it's consistent with the
>> > rest of neurophysics.
>>
>> + zero explanation power at all, also.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> But panpsychism more explanatory than consciousness from numbers.
>
> No it isn't.  It's just a label.  Numbers at least can have complex relations.
>
> Brent
>

> Meaningless, unless to someone who is a member of an occult Pythagorean cult.
>
> Numbers map to lambda expressions, and functions and relation can all be
> expressed in lambda calculus.
>
> To say that consciousness is a lambda expression is more of a spiritual
> belief than consciousness is constituted by matter.

The lambda-expression explains already that consciousness cannot be attached to
anything 3p descriptible, be it number, lambda-expression or matter.

That is the beauty of it. []p (the honest scientist machine) cannot prove its
equivalence with ([]p & p), its soul, or first person point of view.
it cannot even give it a name, and when it searches a name, he jumps from
surprises to surprises.

Computer science is a theory of mind per se. A theory which explains how
machine can understand formal and informal languages, how they can learn, what
they can prove about themselves, and what they can expect beyond that, and why
they are conscious but cannot prove it … without the good willingness of some
others or at least one Other.

Bruno