On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 3:56:43 AM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:45 AM Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>

>> > Don't you use definitions in physics, such as mass, energy, velocity,
>> acceleration, space, time, entropy?
>>

> Sure, and every one of those definitions came from EXAMPLES observed in
> the physical world. The definitions didn't create the physical world, the
> physical world created the definitions.
>
> John K Clark

I am not saying that examples are not suggestive of laws of physics. All I
am saying, which you irrationally deny, is that definitions are part of an
overall process for knowing reality, that is, for actually doing physics.
Without them we can't speak meaningfully with each other. And most people
still use dictionaries, which are now online, and often are implicit in our
discussions. As I recall quite clearly, it was YOU who have been vigorously
critical of Bruno for his alleged sloppy and varying DEFINITIONS!. Looks
like your achieving troll status with foolish argments. So where is Bruno?
AG