On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 7:32:43 AM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 7:29 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkel...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> *> Has Carroll forgotten about effective theories? Even QFT is just an
>> "effective theory". We use classical approximations to quantum mechanics
>> because they work -- not for ideological or philosophical reasons.*
>>

> Read the book, Carroll devote several chapters to those exact topics.
>
>  John k Clark

I doubt Sean has any better "approach" that combines QM and GR than any of
the many others.

But if you go on a well-marketed book tour with a well-written book (and
fiction can be well-written) then you gan get the science-interested public
to think that it is the best approach that exists today.

@philipthrift