From: Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 16, 2019 9:08 pm
Subject: Re: Sean Carroll: Universe a 'tiny sliver' of all there is

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 10:39 AM spudboy100 via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

It would be (will be?) interesting when we achieve this. Serious, academic
bench computer scientists are actively working on variations of machine
intelligence to make this happen, money to be made. Are you stating that making
a hyper-smart machine is impossible?

No, I am agnostic about the possibility. Certainly I am not a Cartesian dualist
-- mind-brain identity is the thing.....
Bruce
 Are you a spiritualist? A Cartesian dualist imputing a magic substance? :-)

From: Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com>
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM spudboy100 via Everything List