The question is “do you have the right to torture yourself” for example. That
sounds weird, but that is what some machines  and humans will defend, as a
universal right. It makes sense in a world where you can duplicate yourself.

It is a sort of property of science (and religion “well understood”), and why
it frightens many people, it give more right. That is deeply ingrained already
in the very notion of Turing universality, whose prize is an unavoidable threat
on security. The universal machine can preserve universality only be “welcoming
insecurity” (cf Alan Watts: the Wisdom of Insecurity).

Science/religion gives right and power, but that is also why the tyran want
them for themselves, and appropriating the religion is the good  common trick.
Unfortunately that leads to pseudo-science, pseudo-religion and the suffering
which go with this.

Bruno