> On 26 Sep 2019, at 11:45, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 3:11:27 AM UTC-5, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>

> Le jeu. 26 sept. 2019 à 09:41, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <>> a écrit :
>

> I have one question (for Carroll or Zurek):
>
> Suppose world W branches (in reality, not in "bookkeeping") to worlds W0 and
> W1.
>
> If reality is pure information (basically purely mathematical bits of 0s and
> 1s), then that sort of "production" seems OK.
>
> But what if W is (or contains) matter. Based on matter contents of W, W0, and
> W1:
>
> If the matter contents of W0 plus W1 combined is greater than the matter
> content of W,
> how was the extra matter "produced"?
>
> If an infinity of indicernable universes already exist at the start and are
> only differentiating/diverging (instead of splitting), then no matter is
> created, all of it was already there.
>
> Quentin
>

> That's one answer to the question. (Is that the answer in Carroll's book?)
>
> Is that answer satisfactory to everyone?

Yes, and even more for a computationalist, as those many-worlds are the
canonical appearances emerging from all computations, which exists once we
agree that x+2=7 admit a solution.

For a physicist, an answer is that thermodynamic is internal to each histories,
and mainly a statistical reality. But the many-worlds assumes mechanism, so
eventually they have to explain the many worlds from the canonical
many-histories interpretation provided by the universal machine in arithmetic.
Everett’s explanation is sound but not complete, somehow.

Bruno