On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 2:28:14 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> [...]
>> uncomputable.
>>

>> *So this is all nonsense. *
>>

>> You confuse generating the decimal of a real number, and just that one
>> (computable real number), and generating a real number, among many one.
>> That are different procedures.
>>

>> *But let's suppose the monkey at the keyboard produces a text defining
>> the axioms of QM, along with a multitude of other theories. Without a
>> physical universe to test these theories, there's no way to determine which
>> one is "true”. *
>>

>> With mechanism, no universe, nor god, could do that. But the relative
>> state of the machine have just the math showing that the physical reality
>> will look like a quantum multiverse, so no need to add a universe when
>> actually, it cannot do the work we would expect it to do, without violating
>> Mechanism.
>>

> *Your machine can generate other theories, such as one corresponding to
> universes which don't obey QM. *
>

> The universal dovetailer does not generate theories. It generates all
> computations, and the physical universe is the unique structure emerging
> from the statistics on all computation. Physics is theory-independent, or
> universal-machine-independent. That is why the “TOE” is anything Turing
> equivalent to Arithmetic (without induction). Physics is independent of the
> phi_i. It is the same for all universal machine. There is only one physics
> (with Mechanism). That’s the beauty of it.
>

> *Presumably, all of these are assumed to produce physically appearing
> universes. *
>

> No.
>

> *I don't see that anything has been proven, or even that any of these
> universes must exist just because some axioms are typed by the monkey. *
>

> You are right. Monkey's typing does not produce any universe. Study my
> papers, perhaps, you would have seen that your monkey does not generate any
> universe. A physical universe becomes a first person plural appearance
> associated to a unique statistics on all relative computations. A monkey
> can only type a texte, and no texte ever produced anything y itself. Don’t
> confuse a computation emulated in a reality, and a description of a
> computation (in any reality).
>
> In fact, with Mechanism, it is proven that the physical universe is not
> described by *any* computation. Mechanism is at the antipodes of “digital
> physics” which is simply inconsistent (Digital physics implies Mechanism,
> but Mechanism negates digital Physics, so Digital physics, as a fundamental
> theory is self-contradictory).
>

> *And regardless of how you parse words, you cannot compute most irrational
> numbers; only a few that have known mathematical expressions like PI and
> e.  AG*
>

> On the contrary. I cannot compute a few non computable real numbers, but I
> can generate them all, and that explains why the universal dovetailer
> executes all computations with all Turing’s Oracles.

*You must have a special definition of "computable number". As I see it,
other than PI, e, and possibly a few other irrational numbers, no computer
can fully compute any of them, which have the cardinality of the
continuum.  You can't even define those numbers so how the heck can you
compute them? You could take a string representing some rational number,
and then insert digits randomly, to produce an approximation of some
irrational number. It will always be an approximation since your program
will never halt. And how will you define that random string you're
inserting without referencing some quantum measurements, say of spin? AG*