> On 7 Oct 2019, at 20:49, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> https://aeon.co/essays/post-empirical-science-is-an-oxymoron-and-it-is-dangerous
>
> Theoretical physicists who say the multiverse exists set a dangerous
> precedent: science based on zero empirical evidence

Any one saying that even one universe exist say something with zero physical
evidence. The very expression “physical evidence” is begging the question in
metaphysics.

Mechanist metaphysics implies that the physical reality emerges from
arithmetic, in a precise way, and nature gives the east same physics, as far as
we can judge today, and this without hiding consciousness and the first person
under the rug. So, I would say that the empirical evidences today is for 0
universes, but many dreams (computations seen from inside, or moralised through
the universal machine theory of self-reference.

Physical evidences are dream-able. They cannot be direct evidence for anything
ontological. Einstein, at least, was ware of the mystery of the existence of
the physical universe, and took it as a religion, which is the correct attitude
if one believe in such a thing.

Bruno