On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 5:49:36 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> On 10/12/2019 2:23 PM, Alan Grayson wrote:
>
> I don't see how Bohr saved the theory (of superposition?) by making that
>> declaration. Isn't there general agreement today that everything is
>> quantum? AG
>>

>> There is now, but "Shut and calculate" produced huge advancements in
>> understanding physics, chemistry, and biology and produced the solid-state
>> electronics revolution - without metaphysics getting in the way.
>>
>> Brent
>>

> Where have I introduced metaphysics? If a superposition means that all
> components are simultaneously realizied,
>

> What does "realized" mean?  made real?  Being real is a metaphysical
> concept.  Bohr never said anything about components of a superposition
> being real.  He famously said “Physics is not about how the world is, it
> is about what we can say about the world” and “Everything we call real is
> made of things that cannot be regarded as real.”
>
> Brent
>
> which I presume is Bohr's position, this is where metaphysics has been
> introduced, unless it can be shown valid. Does double slit interference
> mean all components are simultaneously realized, which is the road to MW?
> Why is this interpretation valid? AG

To say something is not real is also a metaphysical statement.

Even to say a formula (expression in mathematical notation) is a tool
(instrument) to make predictions of a particular physical phenomenon is
metaphysical in some way -- by the choice of mathematical language in which
the formula is expressed,

@philipthrift