On 10/16/2019 8:22 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:00 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > I/n the delayed choice experiment, the decision whether or not to
    quantum erase the "which way" information can be made long after
    the original photons hit the screen and make their marks there./

No. In the delayed choice experiment the decision on if to erase the information about which slit the photon went through can be made after the photon passes through the slit, even billions of years after, but it must be made while the photon still exists and is inflight not after it hits the screen.

I thought you read Carroll's book.  His example shows in what sense you can erase the information after the photon has hit the screen.