On 12/3/2019 12:51 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:21:53 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

     The reason is that many different
    quasi-classical brain states will be consistent with that
    thought...not
    only different quantum superpositions.

    Brent

Doesn't Penrose think that there cannot be thoughts (no such things as real non-zombie thoughts like we experience in our brains) without quantum mechanical stuff going on? :)

He also thinks Goedel's theorem doesn't apply to the community of mathematicians.

I don't find philosophical zombies at all plausible.  I think consciousness is a necessary component of human level intelligence; it's implicit in the ability to imagine plans in which you are an actor.