> On 4 Dec 2019, at 21:04, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/jan/09/soul-dust-nicholas-humphrey-review
>
> <https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/jan/09/soul-dust-nicholas-humphrey-review>
>

> we do, after all, know something about the intrinsic nature of matter, over
> and above everything we know in knowing the equations of physics. Why?
> Because we know the intrinsic nature of consciousness and consciousness is a
> form of matter.
>
> John K Clark
>
> I don't think mind (intelligence + consciousness) is a form of matter anymore
> than fast is a form of racing car,

Very good point!

> mind is what a form of matter does when it is organized in certain ways.

OK; if you want to implement that mind relatively to you.

And mind is not much what it does, as what it feels, although here we could
decide to distinguish or not a first person mind (the one which feels) and a
third person mind (which acts relatively to us, or to some machine).

More generally, mind is what any universal or particular machine do (and could
feel to do) when given to any universal machinery or machine. “Matter is then
explained as a first person plural stable and sharable realities” (usually very
deep in Bennett sense).

If not, you need to explain more on what is matter, and how it makes some
computations more real than some others.

Bruno