> On 30 Jul 2020, at 22:59, PGC <multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 10:52:09 PM UTC+2 Brent wrote:
>

> On 7/30/2020 1:02 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
>> Refute this Telmo-
>> https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study
>> <https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study>
>>
>> https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext
>> <https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext>
>>
>> One viewer here indicated this was not a study-but it is a study indeed
>> concluding the benefits of Hydro.
>>
>> Now what do I think? If it works it works, and if it doesn't it doesn't.
>
> That's just false.  Some things work on some infections in some people using
> some protocols of care.
>
> Agreed. Ongoing large scale international clinical trials are what they are.
> Nobody claims that they or the papers in their wake are perfect, but to
> pretend that a few tiny studies are "in need of refutation" or that the
> world's epidemiological community is orchestrating conspiracies without
> evidence like some on Twitter and on social media tend to peddle, is naive or
> evidence of the effectivity of disinformation, not evidence of effectivity of
> medication.

OK in principle. But we can also look at the map of the evolution of the virus
in country using it and not using it. My own country has used it, France has
used it, then change its mind, a number of time.
We can also take into account that the US FDA has lied about “not evidence of
effectivity of cannabis” since about a century. It is only very recently that
it has admit its effectivity for some disease in some public way (it accepted
it more discreetly for some rich patients since long though).

> But if Telmo and/or Mitch need, they can always get in touch with their
> closest epidemiologists/docs and ask for the data and emails, and inform the
> coordinating committee of their findings and worries, citing who they wish.
> While data of the majority of ongoing trials and appropriate epidemiological
> discourse may not be accessible on the net or published ("ongoing" being
> somewhat relevant...), it isn't classified or anything. PGC

I have done that a little bit, but it is hard to interpret. A biologist friend
of mine seems to believe that the Canadian studies showing that
Hydroxychoroquine is better than Remdesevir is rather serious. The amount of
money hidden in the pharmaceutical debate is so big that the misinformation is
perpetual. But you are right: it is not classified, and even just googling on
the net shows that hydroxychloroquine, when used convenably, *might* be better
than some other medication, and perhaps cannabis is still better (as more and
more studies seem to show).