> On 8 Aug 2020, at 12:56, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> This is the view of the physicist as a kind of religious mystic, who
> contemplates a physics outside of language, and some "truth" out there they
> will never find.
>
> But all there is to write/speak with is language,
>
> e.g.
>
> R_{\mu \nu} - {1 \over 2}g_{\mu \nu}\,R + g_{\mu \nu} \Lambda = {8 \pi G
> \over c^4} T_{\mu \nu}
>
> [ cf. https://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php ]
>
>  and how different vocabularies understood pragmatically might be translated
> into— or reduced to— one another
>
> and playing the games of language
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopragmatism#Wittgenstein_and_language_games
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopragmatism#Wittgenstein_and_language_games>
>
> @philipthrift

You have always three levels:

        1) a language (grammar)
        2) a theory (axioms, formula, theorems)
        3) an intended reality supposed to give sense to the theorems

By incompleteness, “3)” is never entirely definable (still less provable) in
the language or in the theory itself.

With mechanism, we cannot avoid the need to postulate at least one universal
machinery, and then, all the rest must be deduce from self-reference if we want
get the correct distinctions and relationships between sharable quanta and the
private qualia.

Bruno