On 8/10/2020 3:29 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
How could a derivation of physics have nothing to do with physics? You are right, physics describes some reality through number relation (like F = ma,  F = GmM/r^2, …), but with Mechanism, those physical (ov-bservable, locally predictable) number relations must be explained in a sort of Darwinian way from the “number”s dream” (which we know to be all realised in arithmetic).

A precis of an "everything" theory.  What we observe */must/* be as predicted by the theory (otherwise it's invalidated). And the theory predicts everything (therefore it's useless, but can't be invalidated).