On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 6:55 PM 'scerir' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Bruce: "The idea of a large ensemble of pre-existing worlds that just get
> distinguished by results has never been taken seriously by anyone outside
> of this list. It has never been worked through in detail, and it is
> doubtful if it even makes sense. It certainly has nothing to do with the
> Schrodinger equation."
>
> Vaidman, speaking of quantum teleportation,
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation , pointed out that
> when Bob receives the message from Alice, he will know which of the four
> states his particle is in, and using this information he performs a
> unitary operation on his particle to transform it to the desired state. But
> (as Vaidman pointed out) before Bob receives the message from Alice there
> are four pre-existing equiprobable states, one of them (Bob doesn't know
> which one) is already the right one.

Serafino,
 I am sorry to have to say this, but Lev Vaidman is something of an idiot
about these things. Don't take anything he says seriously, even though he
has been around for many years. This quote is irrelevant to my point. MWI
is incompatible with the Born rule. The Born rule makes sense only in
single world settings.

Bruce