On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 3:34 AM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> It's because Bruce takes the Born probability as the probability that some
> sequence exists (i.e. 1) instead of the probability it is the observed
> sequence, ( |a|^2 ).

That is the source of the disagreement. There are two possible questions:
1) In the N repeats of the binary outcome experiment, what is the
probability that the sequence containing all ones will occur?; and 2) what
is the probability in this scenario that I will experience the sequence of
all ones?

If we are using the theory to calculate probabilities, the first question
is the relevant one, and the theory gives two different answers , so the
theory is inconsistent. If our concern is only about ourselves, and not
about what the theory says, then the second question is the appropriate
one. Then there is no inconsistency, because we know that we will only see
one sequence -- which one we do see can only be determined post hoc, and
that is not a probabilistic matter. The 1p/3p confusion here is all yours,
not mine. What gives you the right to maintain that the Born rule is only
about what you will experience? And not about objective probabilities?

Bruce