> On 27 Sep 2020, at 00:05, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The new US supreme court nominee will be Amy Coney Barrett, and she is just
> the sort of person you would expect, a religious crockpot. She is a member of
> an extreme right wing Catholic cult called "The People of Praise"; they speak
> in tongues, believe in biblical prophecy, and in divine healing. Members of
> the cult swear a lifetime oath of allegiance to one another and are assigned
> a ideology coach called a “head” for men and a “HANDMAID” for women to make
> sure nobody strays from the official dogma. The "heads" and "handmaids" issue
> orders on who to date, who to marry, where to live, whether to take a job,
> whether to buy a home, and how to raise children. Part of the ideology of
> People of Praise is that husbands should give orders to their wives and only
> men should have authority over the family.
>
> During her confirmation hearing in 2017 to be a federal judge Barrett said
> "I take my faith seriously and I’m a faithful Catholic". In 2013 she said: "I
> tend to agree with those who say that a Justice’s duty is to the Constitution
> and that it is thus more legitimate for her to enforce her best understanding
> of the Constitution rather than a precedent she thinks clearly in conflict
> with it"; and as a judge she approved a Indiana law banning abortions of a
> deformed fetus (although her opinion was later overturned by a higher court
> and the Indiana law ruled unconstitutional). So when she is approved Roe v.
> Wade Will be as dead as a doornail and we're back to the 1950's and
> coathanger abortions. Barrett also criticized Chief Justice Roberts for his
> opinion that saved Obama’s Affordable Care Act; so in the middle of a global
> pandemic the health care coverage of tens of millions of people will be as
> dead as a doornail too when she hears her first case on October 10.
>
> To those who claim Barrett's religious views will not effect her legal
> opinions I will remind you that in 2006 she said  “If you can keep in mind
> that your fundamental purpose in life is not to be a lawyer, but to know,
> love and serve God, you truly will be a different kind of lawyer.”
> Amy Coney Barret would also be the youngest justice on the bench, so she
> could be around for many decades.

What does keep me awake at night is that Trump has the Senate, the AG on his
side, and now even the Supreme Court.

Even before the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I was not sure how could possibly
Trump fail to keep power in November.

Barr exonerated Trump after Mueller Reports (through a big lie) on his 2016
cheating, and then the Republican Senators acquitted him for his cheating in
the 2020 election (involving Ukraine).
That last one was pitiful, as the Republicans did mock all the evidences as
being just “second-hand evidences” and then when they got the opportunity to
listen to the first-hand evidences, they dismissed it entirely.

The last remaining hope for democracy (in the US and thus plausibly in the
whole world) *was* that Trump (who will never say that he lost the election,
right?) would have been obliged at some point to go to the Courts, and to the
Supreme Court, and, with Ruth B. Ginsburg, the court could have ruled against
Trump, but now, it looks there is no hope at all.

Trump has a powerful support from all the international criminals, not
mentioning his friends Putin, Erdogan, Kim-Youn-Un, and many others.

I have never been a fan of the Leftists (so ignorant, notably on the
Middle-East situation), but I have not, for one second, believe that Trump has
the interest of the American people in mind.
We have to say that Trump is a pretty brilliant con man; he is an expert liar.

And he will never leave the power. He hates to much the looser to be one, and,
for him, the difference is between being free and above the law, or going to
jail. He will do *anything* to not, never, leave the Power.

Amy is extreme right wing conservative, we will see if she will defend her
faith, or her ideology, like the evangelist who admit Trump is everything
except a believer, but still vote for him for his promise against abortion, and
similar, and I suppose she would know that, and introspect herself a little
bit, and be honest. The Indiana action gives a bit of hope, thanks…

I say this to keep an atom of hope ,and that we are not witnessing the end of
democracy, and the end of the rules of law, in the US and then everywhere,
which would lead to a millenium more of obscurantism.

Democracy (like today in the US, Israel and Europa) is basically the only
progress in the applied human sciences since the closure of Plato Academy. I
think that if we lose democracy, we will regress far more than up to 1950, I’m
afraid.

The vote of November in the US is not about left/right, but really between
democracy/tyranny.

Tyran never accepts a defavorable election result, and Trump warn us everyday,
and prepare us, to "a fait accompli” with the outrageous help of his AG (Barr).

His incapacity to defend the idea of a peaceful transition, in case he loses,
is an admission. Even in his 2016 campaign, he said already that he will accept
the result of the vote … if he win.

Bruno