On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 4:52 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *There are many 1p views*

Yes.

> *and for each the probability of that particular observation is one*

Yes, AFTER Bruce Kellett has observed that the electron went left rather
than right then the probability the electron had gone left rather than
right is exactly precisely 1. And that proves that making accurate
predictions is very very easy if one is permitted to make the predictions
AFTER the events in question have happened.

> contradicting the Born rule calculation of the probability in every case.

No, the Born rule Is about making a prediction BEFORE the event has
happened not AFTER.

> > *The Born rule cannot be deduced from the Schrodinger equation*

That is true. The Schrodinger equation just says for every particle there
is a wave that is associated with it, the equation says nothing about what
is waving, it doesn't even say if that wave has any observable
consequences; for that you need a quantum interpretation. The Born Rule is
a quantum interpretation. Max Born advanced the idea because from
experiments it was shown to have worked and for no other reason. Max Born
noticed that if Max Born took the square of the absolute value of the wave
function at a point it would provide the probability that Max Born would be
able to observe that particle at that point.

For example, Max Born noticed that if Max Born assumed that the square of
the absolute value of the wave function at a point was a probability and if
it said the electron was 60% likely to go left and 40% likely to go right
under the specified experimental conditions and the experiment was repeated
many times with the same conditions then Max Born would observe the
electron go left about 60% of the time and right about 40% of the time, and
the more times the experiment was repeated the closer it would get to that
60/40 ratio.

> *they are incompatible.*

If there is one thing that we know for certain about Quantum Mechanics it's
that the Born Rule WORKS, so if the Schrodinger Equation was incompatible
with the Born Rule then the Schrodinger equation would be a useless piece
of garbage. It's not.

John K Clark