Without any thinking involved I would guess that the only thing that could be
running is information. Info in the form of photons and electrons and the
patterns we detect, if any? As Jason Resch pointed out months ago, a lot of
info necessarily is hidden from us, physically. How? Jason noted that it simply
is not in our light cone, in the Minkowski sense of things.  A photon emitted
from the far side of the sun cannot be observed from earth telescopes. Now, if
you were to sign an enormously large check for an interplanetary space based
solar telescope that observed solar phenomena from it's special perspective,
and then sent the data forward to earth, then it would be in our light cone.
This was Everett's big thing, the Observer. It was also Bryce DeWitt & Wheelers
big thing.

Mayhaps, if the cosmos or multiverse has a purpose, it is to be a species that
is an observer, and then create and launch multiple mechanical observers to
detect things? Like the good Von Newmann machines they are, they will make more
in order to better observe.  To induce outcomes in this universe or to cause
logical split offs.

For my world view Shrodinger's Cat is not a potential victim in a ghastly
experiment, but an active participant, for the cat observes sitting in the lap
of Wigner's Friend.

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 John Clark <everything-list@googlegroups.com>