On Wed, Mar 10, 2021, 8:00 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Well for this knuckle dragging savage, I compulsively am driven towards
> how can our species make use of science and philosophy to make life better?
> We may chose to view your fellow compuationalist philosopher, Juergen
> Schmidhuber, viewing God (you know He doesn't like to be called that!) As
> being The Great Programmer. Yet, we primates are behaviorally motivated by
> rewards, so we would have to gain a material reason to act in common?

I believe that a universal ethics, can follow from theories of personal
identity.

To me, the most sensible of which suggest universalism / open
individualism: the idea that there is only one mind and we are all it.

This converts self interest into a common interest for the good of all
sentient beings.

Jason