On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:43 PM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> electronics are so much faster than neurons, it might be possible to
> implement intelligent behavior just by creating giant hash tables of
> experience and using them as look-ups for responses.  I don't know that
> this is possible, but it's not obviously impossible and then it would hard
> to say whether this form of AI had qualia or not.*

Yes, but no harder than for me to figure out if you experience qualia or
not. If something is able to give you correct answers to questions and not
give you any incorrect  answers I don't see why it should matter exactly
how it did it, the answer is still correct regardless of its methods.

.