On Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 7:36:38 PM UTC-5 Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 10:20 AM Tomas Pales <litew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 1:54:29 AM UTC+2 Bruce wrote:
>>

>>> How do you know that? Or is it just an arbitrary assumption? If it is
>>> just an assumption, your initial question is without content.
>>>

>> It is in Russell's book on page 58 (universal prior), with reference to
>> equation 2.1 (complexity).
>>

> Much as I respect Russell, his book is not an authoritative source for
> anything. It is all rampant speculation.
> On the matter of the stability of laws and the connection with simplicity,
> I refer you to the 'grue/bleen' paradox introduced by Nelson Goodman. That
> shows that the idea of simplicity as an explanation for anything is
> misplaced.
>
> Bruce

Hey, but at least we are not getting the psychotic missives of you know who
on this list.

The simplicity idea has troubles. The dS spacetime is a broken vacuum
structure, and the QFT principles we observe are a set of redundancies. QCD
can be obtained from CFT_4, but with broken conformal group and a reduction
in dimension. It is then a messy bundle of gauge redundancies that are NOT
stable. We live in something similar to Cumrun Vafa's swampland. This
instability is far more grave then the stability of the proton. It means
the stability of spacetime itself is local and temporary.

LC